Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sprout Babyfood!

Although Mekhi is way past baby food age, when he was young I made his food or I only fed him organic jar food. And although my son is close to four, in the fairly recent past I've used left over jars of babyfood in my cooking. You know how applesauce is used in recipes as a substitute for oils? Well, one day I was making muffins and had run out of applesauce. And that is when I discovered the magic of babyfood! So, when I can, I use babyfood in some of my recipes because it is organic, wholesome and if it is good enough for a baby it is good enough for me! 

I have to tell you that I WISH Sprout organic baby food was on the market when my son was younger. This baby food is special, it was created by chef Taylor Florence (foodies out there may know him from Food Network). And the flavor in this baby food is amazing. What? Of course I had to taste it! And cook with it too! LOL

In addition to being full of flavor, one of the great things about these pouches is that they are resealable. And the food can be used within three days of opening so no waste! Inventive, right? And the final reason I am impressed by Sprout Baby food is because they have partnered with TerraCycle and encourage parents to return the empty pouches to TerraCycle for UpCycling. They recycle the pouches and make items like bibs, splat mats and diaper bags. TerraCycle also donates $.02 to various charitable organizations for each returned pouch!

So, to all of my friends who are new/soon to be moms (and there are almost more of you than I can count) I highly recommend Sprout. Try it! And let me know what you think! 

Disclosure: I am a Walmart mom and was compensated for my time to write this post, I was also provided with Sprout products to try. 

No comments: