Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mamapedia

I have been a mom for 2 years now. 2 years. Although, when I really think about it my foray into motherhood began before my child was conceived. My first pregnancy was filled with loss and despair - I found out that I was pregnant, lost the baby and a fallopian tube all in the span of one week. Talk about emotional rollercoaster! And all this happened in the third month of my marriage!

When the doctor gave the go ahead for us to try to conceive again, we were pregnant within two months. Because of my experience the first time around I was well versed in the things that I needed to do to take care of myself and look out for the well being of my unborn child. I scoured the internet for information regarding my hormone levels, pregnancy tests that would give me an accurate result prior to missing a period, and statistics related to conception with only one fallopian tube.

Many of the hours I spent researching could have been alleviated if I had a resource like Mamapedia at my disposal. Mamapedia is like a one stop shop for Moms (or moms to be) filled with information written by mothers for mothers. It is a community filled with support and dialogue. A place to get your questions answered. This is a place to check in on for answers to all different types of questions. Try it out for yourself. I think that you will be impressed.

No comments: