Monday, March 28, 2011

Delitefuls Seafood Meals


Although I try to cook things from scratch, lately I haven’t been eating very well and have been going the quick meal route. When I found out about the new Delitefuls meals, as corny as it sounds, I was “delighted”! I am a pescatarian - meaning that I don’t eat meat, with the exception of fish. And since the deliteful meals are low-calorie, high protein and seafood, I was very excited about having a healthy meal prospect for lunch or dinner. Another plus? No preservatives!

So, with gusto I tried out the variety of meals - Shrimp Bowtie Scampi, Salmon Florentine Alfredo, Swai Caribbean BBQ, Tilapia Tango Mango and Cod Mediterranean Medly.  After carefully taste tasting each of the meals (which are quite easy to cook, in a bag from 4-5 minutes in the microwave) I have to admit, I was not impressed. As a matter of fact, of all the meals, I only like the Shrimp Bowtie Scampi.

The other meals were either too spicy, too sweet or just not good. And to let you know how serious I am about this, I didn’t finish my meals! If you don’t know me, I am a girl who will eat just about anything if it is part of my diet. But I just could not finish these meals.

Your palate may be different from mine and you may want to give these meals a try. With prices averaging about $5.48 for two servings it is worth a try. I’m sticking to the Shrimp. It will always be a good go to option for me!

Disclosure: Compensation and product were provided by Walmart for my time and effort to participate. All opinions are 100% my own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very excited about the new Delitefuls meals... and I think they taste great! My favorite so far is the Mango Tango Tilapia. I always add extra veggies to tone down the sauce. Just wanted to share another opinion!