Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Opening Day Disney Store at Perimeter Mall!


I’ve come to expect big things from Disney and the new interactive Disney store at Perimeter Mall brings the magic of Disney to the Atlanta area! Today Mekhi and I had the pleasure of experiencing the new store before tomorrow’s opening day. To say we were impressed is an understatement! Before I get too caught up let me give you the information about tomorrow’s opening:

Where: Disney Store @ Perimeter Mall (lower level)
            4400 Ashford- Dunwoody Road
            Atlanta, GA 30346

Time: 10:00 AM Disney Store Opening Celebration led by Jodi Benson - voice of Arial
!
       The  First 250 people will receive Mickey Ears!

So we toured the store today and it was amazing! It is truly interactive. The front of the store is divided one side is geared toward boys and the other girls. But believe me, the girls and boys in attendance played on both sides and were not stuck in traditional gender roles! The highlight of the boys side is the Cars Ridemakerz! Visitors have a chance to design their own cars using with choices of body’s from the movie cars and then assemble! The basic car is $41 but you can add remote control and the price is $58. A Disney store employee will help you “trick” out your car!



On the other side of the store is Cinderella’s castle. The highlight there is the magic mirror. You simply wave a wand from one of the Disney princesses and she “magically” appears. My son had a great time bringing Princess Tiana to life!



In the back of the store there is a theater where you can choose clips to play from favorite Disney movies and shows. And weekly there will be scheduled events held in the theater like coloring, trivia, story time and even parades! 




And you can’t miss the Disney Playhouse which has a tower of stuffed characters, noise making knobs that turn the carousel in the sky and even a tunnel.

My words are not doing the Disney experience justice. You have to see it for yourself. And there is merchandise for everyone. I admit that I never stepped into a Disney store in a mall before today because I thought the prices would be outrageous. I was so surprised by the affordability! There are things available at every price point so although I will walk in the store knowing my son is likely to want something, I can spend a couple of dollars and make him happy (no exaggeration, literally a couple of dollars)!

If you can, visit tomorrow. If not, April 9th is the big Grand Opening and Mickey and Minnie will be in attendance! The Disney store will be one of my go to destinations with my son because he truly enjoyed the Magic!

Disclosure: I was provided with a gift bag for attending the press event but all opinions are 100% my own.


            

No comments: