Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Strips -Video Post


Thanks to Walmart I had the opportunity to try Sally Hansen's Salon Effects Nail strips. When I used to have my nails done on a regular basis I was always intrigued by Minx nails, nail strips in metallic and exotic designs. I didn't have it done but I did admire the nails of women that I saw having them put on in the salon. 


Recently Sally Hansen released the Salon Effects nail strips that are very similar to minx nails. No polish, simply prep your nails and apply the strips. I chose the color "raise a glass" which is a metallic gold. It is simple, elegant and classy but if I were feeling a bit more adventurous there are wild colors available in the line. I believe the pricing was somewhere in the $8 range and if indeed my manicure lasts 10 days it is certainly worth the price. Minx nails run about $40 in the salon I used to go to.


I found the application of the strips to be fairly easy. There is a bit of a learning curve because you don't want to crinkle the strips and although I was nervous the application was quick. I think the more practice I have the better I will get at application.


I would certainly recommend trying Sally Hansen Salon Effects. When you want an interesting nail design on a budget, these work wonders. One day I will try something on the wild side but for now, I am extremely happy with my metallic gold manicure. I know I'll be trying this product again.




Disclosure: I am a Walmart mom and have been compensated for my time and provided with a product sample for review. 

No comments: