Saturday, October 15, 2011

Walmart is Bringing Back Layaway!

The holiday season is fast approaching and it is no secret that we are in the midst of difficult financial times. I have heard anecdotal stories that although the holiday season is supposed to be the happiest time of the year, it is the time when people suffer from the highest rate of depression. It makes sense when you think about it, in an effort to make friends and family happy we have a tendency to over spend and have to deal with the repercussions at the beginning of the new year. 


I remember as a child I would join the Christmas Club at the bank to save money for the holiday season and I also can recall lay-a-way which virtually keeps you from overspending because you pay for items that might be pricey over time. I am happy to announce that Walmart is bringing back Lay-A-Way for the holiday season! 


It begins on October 17th and you have until December 16th to pick up and pay for your purchases. With a $5 service charge and a minimum $50 total purchase (each item $15 or more)  this is going to help countless families this year! Layaway is available in toys, electronics and the jewelry departments. If you have your eye on a few holiday gifts and want to pay from them over time, layaway is just for you!

Disclosure: I am a Walmart mom and I've been compensated for writing this post but as usual all opinions are my own. 

No comments: