Thursday, October 27, 2011

Holiday Cookies

Mekhi and I made cookies using Wilton recipes, cookie cutters and I attempted to make decorating bags. Ahem. The cookies were a simple sugar cookie that I let set overnight after baking.

We mostly used pumpkin shapes because I didn't want to get too complicated with the decorating.

The following day I made a meringue based icing and colored it orange. I kept it simple.

I did try to make pastry decorators but that was a disaster. I couldn't get it right. Overall I'm happy with the final outcome and perhaps I will have my girlfriend teach me decorating techniques in the future.

The cookies were delicious and we took them with us to a Falloween party where they were enjoyed by all!

Disclosure: I'm a Walmart mom and was provided with compensation for this post.


No comments: