Sunday, August 9, 2009

BlogHer, an Icon and Make-up

This is a compensated review from BlogHer and Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair.

Last month I attended my first BlogHer conference and it was a whirlwind of activity. For once my social calender was filled and scheduled with things beyond twitter, writing blog posts and parenting. I actually had to schedule reminders to keep up! One of the events that I could not miss was the Estée Lauder event at the Macy's Water Tower in Chicago on Michigan Avenue. When I arrived at my hotel, I recieved a cute Estée Lauder gift bag filled with goodies for my participating in the review campaign of the Advanced Night Repair. My favorite gift was the block of white chocolate embossed with a photo of the Advanced Night Repair on the handle of the bag and the cosmetic case filled with Estée Lauder products and a Macy's gift card.

That evening I met up with Gigi of Estée Lauder, the other women that reviewed the Advanced Night Repair and my friend Jennifer. We took a comfortable bus ride to Macy's and were greeted by executives at the door. We were then given a presentation where were learned all about the woman behind the brand, Estée Lauder. She was truly a pioneer and the first woman business owner to have space in a department store and provide product samples. She managed to convince them to let her give samples by "inadvertently" dropping a bottle of perfume on the floor and with one sniff customers came flocking. She was both a mother and entreprenuer, a role model for sure. The Advanced Night Repair is not a new product, it is actually over 20 years old but the formulation has been changed twice and the most recent iteration is the current one available in stores now.

After the presentation the evening concluded with make-up applications or other quick treatments that are offered at every Macy's Estée Lauder counter. My make-up artist was great and was quite impressed by the fact that I would be blogging the event. She also really liked my make-up application and just enhanced it with a few bolder colors. If you are looking for a moment of pampering when you are out shopping at Macy's I suggest stopping by the Estée Lauder counter for a treat.

To read other reviews of the event click HERE.

No comments: