Thursday, August 13, 2009

Faunasphere

I may have mentioned that I am a gamer mom. No? Well, I am. And perhaps the reason I don't mention it is because I have a slight addiction. When I find a new game I play it almost non-stop for the first week or so. There was one time back in '03 when I abandoned all work (I worked from home) to play a video game until the end. Did I mention I was at my then boyfriend's home at the time? And he would find me perched on the couch in the same space I occupied when he left for work on a daily basis. Ahem. Needless to say, when I play I have be careful. I have never again done a stint like the trouble of '03 but recently when playing Mafia Wars on Facebook I've been known to stay up until the wee hours of the morn. Anyway, when I was contacted by Big Fish about a new game for moms I was like "uh oh." I almost didn't open the email but I am a fan of Big Fish, when I was pregnant I played Virtual Villagers and had my husband hooked too. The first game I downloaded two years ago on my Mac was Azada, what can I say? I love gaming. 
<
So the newest game is Faunasphere. In this virtual world you tend to a fauna and build a world. The fauna look like dogs, horses, turtles, various animals and are skilled. The trick with this game is that in order to truly be successful you have to interact with other players. I have found that the people in the community are extremely helpful and some have designated themselves as Mentors. They are clearly marked and give assistance. I am completely enamored with the game. Oh, and best of all? It is an online game so no downloads and better yet? It is FREE! That's right, a free game that builds a community. I LOVE IT!





You can be sure that I will be playing Faunasphere for a good while. I am pacing myself and having a great time. Did I mention that I just started playing last night?  It is a great game and if you enjoy community and need some time away, I say try it out! 

1 comment:

Jennifer James said...

Oh, man. You are better at Faunasphere than I was. I couldn't figure it out at all. My daughter, though, got a hang of it fairly quickly. Maybe I should give it another shot.