Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Daniel X


I have spoken about my love of James Patterson in the past. I enjoy both his writing and his dedication to instilling the love of reading in young people is admirable. I was so happy to have the opportunity to read his latest book Daniel X - Watch the Skies because I had just finished reading the first book in the series "The Dangerous Days of Daniel X."

The books are about a boy, Daniel X who in actuality is both an alien and an alien fighter here on Earth. Perhaps you are not a Sci-Fi buff but I have to tell you that these books are page turners. Seriously. It took me a day to read each of these books. I could not put them down.

"Watch the Skies" is filled with action, adventure and even a love interest for Daniel. And of course he is fulfilling his obligation to rid the world of one of the deadliest aliens out there who is hatching an evil plot to take over the world. I don't want to give away too much but one of the things that really impressed me about this series is that not only can parents read it but you can share it with your child and discuss the plot and characters.

I think this series will really captivate adolescent boys and girls (and of course parents). I truly believe that James Patterson has scored a homerun with this one and I anxiously await the next book in the series. If you are fan of Sci-Fi or just a fan of engaging fiction, I say read it and share it with a young person. Read and discuss!

I was sent a copy of the Daniel X - Watch the Skies by Mom Central and given a giftcard as a thank you.

No comments: