Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Reading is Fundamental!


I am a staunch advocate of early learning and reading. I have been reading to Mekhi since he was 3 months old and I encourage all parents to start reading with their child early. So of course when MotherTalk gave me the opportunity to review James Patterson's new site Read Kiddo Read I said yes immediately!

James Patterson is a well known author of many books including my personal favs - Kiss the Girls and Along Came A Spider. His site Read Kiddo Read is a great resource for parents looking to enhance their child's library. He recommends books by age and also provides links for places to obtain the book. I think my favorite aspect of the site is the ability to search for the book at your local library! Love that!

Here is a link to a brief video of James Patterson discussing his newest book Cross Country and Read Kiddo Read with Al Roker - I love both of these men and think you will enjoy watching.

Read Kiddo Read is a resource that I absolutely recommend when you are looking for books for your child. I personally am always on the look out for new books for Mekhi and I am happy that James Patterson has put together this site.

No comments: